While TMNet announced the Streamyx Combo package, Celcom (TMNet’s sister company) also launched the “Home, Hop & Away” plan, which combines Celcom 3G and Streamyx broadband services. With the broadband plan, you can enjoy high speed Internet connectivity at home and when you travel.
Table of Contents
What is “Home, Hop & Away” package?
“Home, Hop & Away” package is a combination of Streamyx 1.0Mbps (free ADSL modem) + Celcom Broadband Basic (up to 384kbps). Current promotion price is RM108 per month, which RM48 cheaper than subscribing the 2 services separately.
Package sign up can be done at any Celcom branch or TMPoint in Malaysia. The package is open for existing Streamyx/Celcom subscribers too.
Notes about “Home, Hop & Away” broadband package
- The minimum subscription period for the package is 18 months. During the minimum subscription period, you are not allowed to terminate or change the package to other Streamyx or Celcom broadband packages.
- If you are to terminate the Home, Hop & Away subscription before 18 months, you would need to pay RM350 of penalty charge.
- The SIM card provided is dedicated to Internet services only, no voice or SMS services.
- Fair Usage Policy at 5GB per month for Celcom Broadband. If you exceed the 5GB allocation, Celcom reserves the right to lower down your bandwidth speed.
- 3G SIM card modem is NOT included. It costs few hundreds bucks for one.
My two cents
Whenever my Streamyx is down (just happened again few days ago!), I would wish to have wireless broadband connection. The “Home, Hop & Away” package seems attractive to me.
However, at second thought, 3G broadband is less useful for me because I seldom travel around. Plus, the 18 months minimum subscription period and RM380 penalty charge really scared me off.
Any Celcom broadband users there? Please share your experiences.