(image credit: nois3lab)
Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate (RC1) is now available for download.
Firefox 3.6 is build on the Gecko 1.9.2 platform (3.5 uses Gecko 1.9.1) with the following new features:
- Users can change the browser’s appearance with a single click using Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 alerts users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Changes to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
- Improved automatic form fill provides better options from your form history.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Support for the HTML5 File API
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
All the Firefox add-ons that I am using (20+ of them) are either support or compatible with Firefox 3.6 RC1. Great!
Have you installed Firefox 3.6 RC1 yet? Download it here.