The news source claimed that Microsoft will release Beta 1 version of Vista SP1 at around July 16, 2007. The final version of Vista SP1 will be released in November 2007. Note that Windows Server 2008 is also scheduled to release in November 2007.
What’s new in Vista SP1?
Vista SP1 will include alterations to Windows Vista desktop search and the following features:
- Performance tweaks for faster files copying and windows shut down
- Improve transfer performance and decrease CPU utilization
- Support for ExFat, Windows file format for flash memory storage
- Improvements to BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Ability to boot EFI on an x64 machine
- Improved success rate for firewalled MeetingSpace and Remote Assistance connections.
My two cents
As far as I know, many new adopters of Windows Vista are not satisfied by the Vista performance. Hopefully the Vista SP1 will “greatly” improve Windows Vista performance. Let’s see…