Image: Embed Google Maps to your website
How to embed Google Maps?
- Goto Google Maps and search for the location you want
- Click on the Link to this page link on the top right corner
- The code is shown under Paste HTML to embed in website
- (optional) click Customize and preview embedded map to select the map size (small, medium, large, and custom)
- Copy & Paste the HTML code to your website or blog where you want it to be. Done!
Here is the example of embedded Google Map:
View Larger Map
Why cannot select the Google Map embed HTML code?
If Google Maps HTML embed code is grey out and cannot be copied, means the map area is not supported yet.
Image: Cannot embed Google maps
The ability to embed maps is available for Google Maps users in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Russia.
[via Google Press Center]
My two cents
This is the feature we have wanted for a long time. Previously, it requires programming language to embed Google Maps to our website, now it is as easy as embedding YouTube video. Too bad, the cool feature is currently only available to some countries.
Hey, I wish to show you where I am in my blog when I am traveling. How would you use Google Maps on your site?