Guys, here I introduce you another super big (2GB) free webmail — the!
Never heard about Gawab? Me, too. According to the website title, it has 1,832,820 users. Will it shows that it is stable enough to be your daily access personal email account?
Gawab 2GB free webmail features:
- 2048 MB FREE account
- POP/SMTP Support
- 50 MB Attachments
- SPAM/Virus Protection
- 15 Interface Themes
- 14 Different Languages
- Unlimited Number of Folders
Immediately, I registered a Gawab account.
So, what’s special about Gawab?
- It accept short username, which is not accepted by other free webmail providers. I registered 3-characters username, “L C F”!
- You can select themes of your webmail interface. Each theme has special topic, like kids, islamic, romance, outlook, yahoo…
- Choose your own language, example: arabic, indonesian, etc. But doesn’t have chinese language.
- The Gawab loading speed is surprisingly fast! No idle waiting time.
- Support HTML editor for Internet Explorer users, Mozilla/Firefox users get plain text editor.
- One thing special about the email editor is that it has online arabic editor support! Nice if you type in arabic but not using Arabic OS.
- Like Yahoo! mail, Gawab has calendar and can receive emails from other POP mail account, too.
- Message tracking – Gawab allow you to send email with tracking feature, to know your mail is read by receiver or not. The technology is including a 1px*1px tracking image along the email message.
Will Gawab suddenly stop the free mail service? If the amount of users are truth, I think it is quite stable. Do we really need 2GB space? Currently I am using about 30% of Gmail 1GB space, I think I will need a BIG one like this – to store those BIG attachments (so that can forward to friends much much faster)
Besides Gawab, here is a list of free Gigabyte(s) webmail I have mentioned before:
Hmm… now I have total of 6GB webmail space!
*Credits to JBVM from tmnet.communities
Updated (30 July 2004):
No more 2GB from Gawab, but added free POP3 email account.