Guys, here I introduce you another super big (2GB) free webmail — the!
Never heard about Gawab? Me, too. :P According to the website title, it has 1,832,820 users. Will it shows that it is stable enough to be your daily access personal email account?
Gawab 2GB free webmail features:
- 2048 MB FREE account
- POP/SMTP Support
- 50 MB Attachments
- SPAM/Virus Protection
- 15 Interface Themes
- 14 Different Languages
- Unlimited Number of Folders
Immediately, I registered a Gawab account. :mrgreen:
So, what’s special about Gawab?
- It accept short username, which is not accepted by other free webmail providers. I registered 3-characters username, “L C F”!
- You can select themes of your webmail interface. Each theme has special topic, like kids, islamic, romance, outlook, yahoo…
- Choose your own language, example: arabic, indonesian, etc. But doesn’t have chinese language.
- The Gawab loading speed is surprisingly fast! No idle waiting time.
- Support HTML editor for Internet Explorer users, Mozilla/Firefox users get plain text editor.
- One thing special about the email editor is that it has online arabic editor support! Nice if you type in arabic but not using Arabic OS.
- Like Yahoo! mail, Gawab has calendar and can receive emails from other POP mail account, too.
- Message tracking – Gawab allow you to send email with tracking feature, to know your mail is read by receiver or not. The technology is including a 1px*1px tracking image along the email message.
Will Gawab suddenly stop the free mail service? If the amount of users are truth, I think it is quite stable. Do we really need 2GB space? Currently I am using about 30% of Gmail 1GB space, I think I will need a BIG one like this – to store those BIG attachments (so that can forward to friends much much faster) ;)
Besides Gawab, here is a list of free Gigabyte(s) webmail I have mentioned before:
- (2GB, but death)
Hmm… now I have total of 6GB webmail space! :lol:
*Credits to JBVM from tmnet.communities
Updated (30 July 2004):