iPhone 5 is (almost) confirmed by Apple in an invitation sent out to the press for a special event on September 12, 2012. The event will be held at Yerba Buena Center at 10AM PST (Malaysia time: 1AM, 13 September 2012).
The invite writes “It’s almost here.” with the date “12”. The shadow of 12 cleverly hints a numeral 5. No doubt, we think it means iPhone 5.
What to expect for iPhone 5?
Based on all the iPhone 5 rumors we heard so far, here are what to expect for the official iPhone 5:
- A taller (4-inch) and thinner unibody iPhone.
- Faster quad-core processor (A6).
- Use a smaller 9-pin dock connector.
- iOS 6 installed.
- Support LTE connectivity.
- Not support NFC.
- Use nano-SIM (smaller than current micro-SIM).
- Package with a pair of redesigned earbuds.
- Bigger build-in battery.
My two cents
I am using iPhone 4S. I don’t feel excited about the above mentioned iPhone 5 new “features”. Not much changes, except the sizes.
Has smartphone design come to a bottleneck now? What do you wish for iPhone 5? Tell us in the comment.