Received an email saying that my blog, LiewCF Tech Blog, is nominated in the “Tourism Technology Blog” category in the Malaysia International Tourism Bloggers Conference & Award 2012 (MITBCA2012).
What the heck is MITBCA?!
Apparently, MITBCA2012 (I bet you can’t memorize this!) is organized by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia (Wow!). “The awards aim to encourage and honor the tourism bloggers across the globe for extensively promoting Tourism in Malaysia.”, according to the official website.
That’s funny. Firstly, I am not a tourism blogger. I am a tech blogger. Secondly, I did not promote tourism in Malaysia (sorry!).
To whoever nominated this blog to MITBCA2012, thank you very much. grin
So far there’s only 4 blogs in the “technology blog” category. Feel free to vote for this blog, click here
There are total 16 different categories for the award:
- Malaysia International Tourism Fashion Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Entertainment Blog
- Malaysia International Fabulous Food 1Malaysia Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Lifestyle Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Music Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Photography/Art Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Technology Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Micro Blogger of the Year
- Malaysia International Celebrity Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Travel Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Blog of the Year
- Malaysia International Expat MM2H Blog (MM2H = Malaysia My Second Home)
- Malaysia International Eco Tourism Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Duty Free Shopping Blog
- Malaysia International Homestay Blog
- Malaysia International Tourism Tourism Destination Blog
You need to sign in Facebook to vote. Judging criteria is based on 80% public voting and 20% on judges’ decision. Meaning, the most votes is winner.
There’s a Tourism Bloggers Conference
Oh yes, there’s a 2 days conference on 8th-9th May 2012 at Seri Pacific Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. It is free registration. Tea break and lunch provided. Sounds great, huh?
But, who are the speakers? The website mention nothing about the invited conference speakers.
My two cents
Not sure how much did the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia spent to develop the website, I think they can do much better with proper web design. The website itself does not get enough attention that I don’t see my fellow Malaysian blogger friends talk about it at all.
If you have a minute, please vote for this blog. I don’t mind to be awarded, anyway.