After I posted “PayPal Accept Malaysian“, many users found that eventhough they can send fund into their account but they are unable to withdraw money from PayPal account.
Many asked, “How to withdraw money?”. For the question, I send an email to PayPal and got their reply.
Here is the complete content of the reply:
Thanks for contacting PayPal. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your questions.
At this time we have expanded our bank withdrawals to include the banking systems of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. Since you would register your PayPal Account under Malaysia, the only bank account you will be able to add is a U.S. bank account from a branch located within the United States.
PayPal is constantly working to expand and improve our services for our customers. We hope to be expanding our bank transfer capabilities to include more countries, but due to the complexities of global finance, we cannot give a timetable for this expansion.
– Members in some countries may not use PayPal to receive payments, and may only send payments
– Withdrawals to a foreign bank in U.S. denominated funds are not available with your PayPal Account. Only U.S. bank accounts, from a branch located within the U.S., denominated in U.S. Dollars can be added to a PayPal account
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
PayPal Community Support
PayPal, an eBay Company
- Malaysian can fund in money to their PayPal account.
- Malaysian cannot withdraw money from their PayPal account.
- Open an account in accepted countries as mentioned in the email.
- Share PayPal account with your friend who is in the accepted countries.
- Use other alternative free online payment processing companies(MoneyBookers, Ikobo, StormPay and YowCow).
Update: Now you can withdraw PayPal money to any Malaysia bank accounts. Click here for more information.