TEDxKL 2013 is a local, self-organized event that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. The theme of this year is “Life Hacking” – clever way to solve our everyday problems.
TEDxKL 2013 event info
Date: 3 August 2013
Venue: Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, Kuala Lumpur
Time: Registration @ 10:30am; Start @ 1:00pm – 7:30pm
Fee: RM 150 per pax (buy ticket here). RM 180 for limited walk-in ticket. (coffee & tea Breaks whole day, dinner served)
For every ticket purchased, you will receive a TEDxKL 2013 Sling Bag when you collect your tag at the event.
TEDxKL 2013 speakers
TEDxKL 2013 invited 11 speakers with different expertise from different countries:
- Peter Sage – the founder of Space Energy, a multi-million dollar project focuses on the generation and transmission of clean energy and commercialisation of Space-Based Solar Power.
- Antony Evans – launched a Kickstarter campaign to create Glowing Plants, putting forward the idea of replacing street lamps with glowing foliage.
- Red Hong Yi – Malaysian-born architech who was inspired to create art using everyday materials she found in China as her medium. Her work has been featured by Huffington Post, Wall Street Journal, ABC, CNN and NBC.
- Gopi Sekhar – a veteran with over 27 yeras’ experience in Trading, Rubber and Palm Oil processing. He spent the last decade with specific involvment in rubber technology ,development of processing technologies and application solutions.
- Ee Soon Wei – the family patriarch of the Royal Press, a printing company founded in 1938. He is on a mission to revive and enliven the beautiful dusty printing haven.
- Jonathan Buford – founder of Makible which enables digital manufacturing by developing 3D printing and related technology for people to create, design and build products.
- Zung – an award winning international photographer with shoots of the family of the Prime Minister, royalties, Donald Trump, Dalai Lama, Andrea Bocelli. Personal and official photographer for Anthony Robbins since year 2009.
- Rizal van Geyzel – stand-up comedian, gas been billed “The Future of Malaysian Stand-up Comedy in Malaysia” by Harith Iskander.
- Kosal Khiev – poet, tattoo artist, survivor of the US prison system. Represented Cambodia as a Cultural Olympiad for the London games last summer. Awarded for Best Poem Performance on Film at the Berlin ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival 2012.
- Cheryl Tan & Az Samad – vocalist Cheryl Tan and guitarist Az Samad wanted to showcase music that was exclusively buatan Malaysia. Their repertoire spans from vintage pop to recent hits, from P. Ramlee classics to musical theatre and even art music.
Check out the TEDxKL 2012 highlights video:
For more information, please visit TEDxKL website.