Microsoft Windows 8 Consumer Preview is now available for FREE public downloads. You can download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup Asistant or direct ISO images.
Read on for Windows 8 features, system requirements, and free download links.
What’s new about Windows 8?
Windows 8 is the next generation operating system redesigned with Metro UI for PC and touch screen devices.
Some other features are: (via Wikipedia)
- There is no Start button.
- Support system gestures.
- Internet Explorer 10.
- Sync user’s profile and setting with other computers running Windows 8.
- Integration with Microsoft’s SkyDrive cloud storage.
- Login using “picture password” – draw gestures on picture to login.
- Windows Explorer with ribbon toolbar.
- Hybrid Boot allows faster startup times.
- Run Windows 8 on USB flash drive using Windows To Go.
- Navtive USB 3.0 support
Before you rush to install Windows 8 on your PC, make sure your PC hardware meets the following requirements:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphic device or higher
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup and ISOs
Warning: Windows 8 Consumer Preview is pre-release software that may be substantially modified before it’s commercially released. If you decide to go back to your previous Windows version, you’ll need to reinstall it from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC.
You are recommended to download Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup (5MB) to check if your PC meets the requirements and select the right download for you.
For advanced users, you may direct download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images. Availabe in 64-bit (3.3 GB) and 32-bit versions (2.5 GB), in multiple languagues: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese.
Check out the Windows 8 consumer preview demo below:
Visit http://preview.microsoft.com for more information.