Now Facebook plays a sound each time you receive a new notification. Here you’ll learn about how to turn off Facebook notification sound.
I was stalking friends on facebook, then my computer suddenly played a strange sound. After checking all tabs on my web browser, I found that it is Facebook notification sound.
Yes, now Facebook alert you with sound when there’s new Facebook notification. It is annoying and, worse, it tells everyone in the office that you are playing Facebook!
The first thing I do is turn off the Facebook notification sound. It is simple but hidden in your Facebook settings.
- Login your Facebook account.
- Click on the “gear icon” at the top right corner.
- In the drop down menu, select “Account Settings”.
- In the left column of Account Settings, click “Notifications”.
- Under “How You Get Notifications”, click “On Facebook”.
- Uncheck “Play a sound when each new notification is received” (as shown in the picture above)
- Press “Save Changes” button. Done.
(You can skip the above Step 2 to 5 by visiting this web address.)
Facebook notification already has a badge count on the top bar, and a silent popup message. Facebook still want to add a Facebook notification sound to keep you coming back, when you are surfing on other browser tabs or doing your work. I found it annoying and kills my productivity.
What say you? Do you like the Facebook notification sound feature or already disable it?